Keeping you protected
At Cointree we take our security very seriously. We're committed to protecting your information. Our security measures include, but are not limited to:
- We use a hot/cold wallet system
- 2-step verification is required for any fiat or digital currency withdrawal
- Our website traffic runs entirely over encrypted SSL (HTTPS)
- All passwords are hashed and salted in the database
- Application credentials are kept separate from the database and codebase
- All Cointree employees must pass a criminal background check as part of the hiring process
- Secure server and closed network environments
- Management of access privileges, to ensure that only those who really need it can see your personal information
- Ongoing training and security reviews
These measures are robust, but security risks do change. We will remain vigilant in our efforts to protect your personal information. For more information or to notify us about any security concerns, contact us.
While we at Cointree take our security very seriously, don't let this put your own guard down. No amount of security on our end can make up for inadequate personal security.
It is vital for our members to take advantage of the account security tools and advice that we offer and to be diligent and never share access to the account with anyone else.
- DO NOT give your password to anyone
- DO NOT call any phone number for someone claiming to be Cointree support
- DO NOT send any money to anyone claiming to be a member of Cointree
- ENABLE two-factor authentication
Use a unique email address and password for your account
You can use a secure password manager like LastPass to keep track of your passwords.
Enable 2FA on your Cointree account
Two-factor authentication adds an extra layer of protection to your account in case your password is compromised.
Always make sure you are visiting https://www.cointree.com
Phishing sites may mimic Cointree to trick you into telling them your personal details. Make sure you’re visiting the real site. Also, we will not ask you to send your personal details after you've been verified.
Don’t click links or open attachments in emails
Unless you are absolutely sure the email was sent by Cointree.
Secure your email account and phone
Enable passcode lock on your phone, use a secure email provider, and use 2FA for your email account.
Secure your computer
Don’t install unnecessary software on your computer, or software from untrusted developers. If possible, consider using a dedicated computer, install Linux, Chrome, a password manager plugin, and nothing else. Subscribe to a good antivirus software and keep it updated.
Secure your internet connection
Always use a wired connection if possible. If you must use Wi-Fi, consider routing through a VPN.
Educate yourself on different types of scams
Educating yourself on common scams is important. Click here to read our article on identifying and avoiding scams.
Please note: These tips are not exhaustive. On top of the above, please exercise vigilance and educate yourself further about general online security.